(From my Social Media 2007 talk in Chicago.)
1. Smart/Sexy Brand Builder
It’s a Cost-Effective, Easy, Cool Way to Get Your Company Message Out:
- Do something that fits your brand.
(ie. Church podcasting sermons, Publisher podcasting book excerpts.)
- The “Cool” factor.
It establishes and/or reinforces a forward-thinking/leadership perception.
(Depending how well you do it. Be creative.)
2. Broad, Free, Easy, Distribution.
- RSS feeds (ie. Feedburner)
3. Ad Media Outlet/Tip #1: Take advantage of the self-promotion without being tacky.
- Use “soft-sell” plugs for your own products/services. (Embedded content.)
- Because of the strong niche aspect of podcasting, listeners will be much more receptive.